[GRASS5] Re: 5.3 vs 5.7 disparity

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Sat Jan 31 08:27:01 EST 2004

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 12:29:33AM +1300, Hamish wrote:
> > Several (most?) of the forks in libes/gis/, XDRIVER etc. could be
> > merged from 5.7 into 5.3. But this requires that someone else than
> > me checks it.
> > E.g: If 5.3 users prefer the black X-monitor over the white X-monitor
> >      in 5.7, we cannot merge.
>

> I don't mean to argue your point but I thought DEFAULT_FG_COLOR and
> DEFAULT_BG_COLOR were introduced to both 5.3 & 5.7 to deal with this
> specific case..?

Right. But XDRIVER also comes with an improved mouse cursor. If I recall
correctly, it's the same file.

> e.g.
> grass/src/display/d.leg.thin/main.c
> Revision 1.21, Tue Oct 21 13:01:24 2003 UTC  by markus
> Branch: MAIN
> Changes since 1.20: +3 -3 lines
> Diff to previous 1.20
>
> use of DEFAULT_FG_COLOR/DEFAULT_BG_COLOR for G5.7 compliance

A few display modules may still need that update, I didn't
check them all.

> Most of the 5.3->5.7 changes aren't as easy to mitigate of course.

Sure, but that's not needed (at time). At least a minimization of
changes to be achieved by merging back above mentioned improvements.
But this requires that (some) 5.3 developers look at these selected
5.7 changes and merge them back. Then I'll clean 5.7 accordingly (or
they do it).

Markus