[GRASS5] Presence of NULL data in raster maps?

Andrea Antonello moovida at katamail.com
Fri Jul 2 19:34:19 EDT 2004

On Friday 02 July 2004 23:38, Markus Neteler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there seems to be missing a function which reports the presence
> of NULL data in a raster map. This functions is needed for
> interfacing GRASS to GDAL, especially for 8 bit data.
> At time the entire map must be scanned, right?

Yes

> This can become pretty time consuming.
> Is it sufficient to test the presence of the 'null' file
> within this potential function?

Following the developer's manual yes.
BTW, the null file could be scanned to contain only null-bytes. It's 8 times
less time consuming... :)

> A bit dirty, but otherwise the
> cellhd file needed an addition (null: true or whatever).
>
> Suggestions (or code)?

I think the best thing would be to check existence of null file. But I don't
know exaclty which changes  that would need... hmm...

Cheers
Andrea

> Markus

"Let it be as much a great honour to take as to give learning,
if you want to be called wise."
Skuggsja' - The King's mirror - 1240 Reykjavik

University of Trento
Via Mesiano, 77 - Trento (ITALY)

Andrea Antonello
tel:  +393288497722