[GRASS5] distro

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 1 01:22:11 EDT 2004

> I would like to add the distribution name to binary package name,
> I have found http://distro.pipfield.ca/ , the last update on
> that site was 2002/05/21 but it seems to be maintained here:
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/inkscape/inkscape/distro
> (last update 2004/01/06).
> It could cause more problems than it solves. Any other idea
> how to get distribution name automaticaly?

How would you use it?

I think there are too many choices to get 100% of the possibilities, and
then people may have customized frankenstein systems, making this only
good for hinting .. I think you could catch 90% of the cases though. Mac
& Windows are pretty simple, probably only a limited number of IRIX/Solaris
releases as well to try. Linux & BSD are another story...

This will cover most people, but never all.

For debian/testing (Sarge), eg:
$ ./distro.sh
debian-unstable

Which doesn't tell you anything about what version of libs I have, etc.

Hamish