[GRASS5] Re: mapset changing script

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Sun Jun 6 04:12:05 EDT 2004

Hamish wrote:

> Flag for not erasing displays?  I'll often have 20 mapsets within a
> location specifying individual study sites, each with common map names.
> I then jump between them & d.redraw to quickly have a look at what is
> next door.

The main reason for the need to erase the monitor when switching
mapsets is that some d.* modules use the current region from the WIND
file, while others use the region which is stored on the monitor.

Consequently, it's recommended that you erase the monitor whenever the
current region changes. And changing the mapset will typically change
the current region.

Maybe we should just get rid of the region which is stored on the
monitor? Although, some programs may require it; AFAICT, the point is
that each frame (in the sense of d.frame) might have a different
region.