[GRASS5] Grass 5.0.2 and 5.7.0 for Mac OS X (Fink)

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Sun Jun 27 16:39:45 EDT 2004

I'm working on the Fink build for Grass 5.7.0 and have it working.  The question
is, how should grass 5.70 work 5.0.2:

1) Fink grass 5.7.0 should replace 5.0.2 completely, so that a single system
that upgrades to a current Fink would only have 5.7.0 on their system.  You
could not run both on the same system at the same time.
2) 5.7.0 should be able to live on the same system that has an install of 5.0.2
on it?  So you would have grass5 and grass57 binaries.

I'd need to get this answered before the Fink tree is updated with the new grass.

Also, one more issue is that the current 5.0.2 links against PostgreSQL 7.3 and
I'd like to  have 5.7.0 link against PostgreSQL 7.4.  Let me know if this will
be a problem.  I haven't done a DB upgrade from 7.3 to 7.4 so don't know how
easy or difficult this is.

BTW, I'm only working on getting this into Mac OS X 10.3.  If somebody else
wants to backport these to 10.2 when the Fink .info files are all done, then
this shouldn't be too hard.

Regards,
Blair

--