[GRASS5] WinGRASS questions on NVIZ and GRASS 5.3

Richard Greenwood rich at greenwoodmap.com
Mon Mar 1 15:05:37 EST 2004

Michael Barton wrote:

> I have a couple of questions and will try to save a tiny bit of
> bandwidth by combining them.
>
> 1. Has anyone had NVIZ correctly running on a version of WinGRASS? If
> so, can this version be uploaded to the WinGRASS binary site?

I have never gotten it to work, however Glynn said he was successful.

> 2. I heard a couple weeks back that GRASS 5.3 and 5.7 had been
> successfully compiled for Cygwin. Do they seem completely functional? Is
> there any place I and/or my students can download these binaries to try?

I have 5.0.3 and 5.7 distributions at:
    www.greenwoodmap.com/grass
As I said above, I have not had any luck with NVIZ. I have not tested
5.7 very much, but I think any testing you did would be useful to the
developers. If you are interested, I would be happy to put a 5.3
distribution together.

--
Richard Greenwood
www.greenwoodmap.com