[GRASS5] WinGRASS questions on NVIZ and GRASS 5.3

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Wed Mar 3 09:44:44 EST 2004

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Markus Neteler wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 08:47:23PM +0000, Glynn Clements wrote:
> >
> > Michael Barton wrote:
> >
> > > I have a couple of questions and will try to save a tiny bit of
> > > bandwidth by combining them.
> > >
> > > 1. Has anyone had NVIZ correctly running on a version of WinGRASS?
> >
> > Yes. Well, I haven't tested it extensively, but the basics definitely
> > work.
> >
> > > If so, can this version be uploaded to the WinGRASS binary site?
> >
> > I've uploaded my NVWISH2.2 binary (from 5.3) to grass.itc.it/incoming,
> > although I can't guarantee that it will work on any given system (at
> > least Tcl/Tk is linked statically, so that's one package which
> > shouldn't cause any problems).
>
> Were to move that file in the grass.itc.it directory tree?

I would say put it in /grass5/binary/windows_cygnus/wingrass_xserver/
I also remember that Glynn said it was working on Windows 98. The GRASS
windows instructions say however that you must install it on an NTFS
filing system so that means NT or 2000 or newer will be what most people
tried it on. Actually I use it on a FAT32 partition---there are no major
problems but might be obscure ones.

Paul