[GRASS5] 5.3 Cygwin, Tcl/Tk, NVIZ

Richard Greenwood rich at greenwoodmap.com
Sat Mar 6 19:42:14 EST 2004

Glynn Clements wrote:

>>I should note that I
>>and using the switch:
>>    --with-tcltk-libs=/usr/local/lib/tcl8.3
>

> Which is almost certainly wrong; configure finds none of -ltcl,
> -ltcl8.3 or -ltcl83 in that directory.
>
> /usr/local/lib/tcl8.3 is probably the directory which contains the
> Tcl code, with the actual library in /usr/local/lib. In which case, it
> should be:
>
> 	--with-tcltk-libs=/usr/local/lib

Glynn,

As always, you are quite correct! I use a shell script to set my
configure options and move the script forward between versions. I don't
know when or why I set /usr/local/lib/tcl8.3, but it stopped working as
of the grass53_exp_2004_01_10 snapshot. Which is probably a good thing
as it was probably never correct in the first place.

Thanks Glynn.
Regards,
Rich

--