[GRASS5] GRASS 5.7 d.what.vect bug

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Mar 22 15:14:18 EST 2004

I've run into a bug in GRASS 5.7j. Note: I'm using a binary of the 13
February 2004 release.

If I try to query a set of vector shapes using a mouse (d.what.vect),
the first time I do it in a GRASS session, it works fine. If I stop
querying (right click), then try it again, it doesn't work. If I run
d.what.vect from the command line, nothing happens when I click on the
map. Right clicking will stop d.what vect. If I run d.what.vect from
d.m, nothing happens on the first click. On the second click, I get the
following error.

child killed: write on pipe with no readers
child killed: write on pipe with no readers
     while executing
"exec d.what.vect map=fields at PERMANENT >@stdout 2>@stdout"
     ("eval" body line 1)
     invoked from within
"eval "exec $cmd >@stdout 2>@stdout""
     (procedure "Dm::execute" line 12)
     invoked from within
"Dm::execute $cmd"
     (procedure "DmVector::query" line 24)
     invoked from within
"DmVector::query $sel"
     ("vector" arm line 2)
     invoked from within
"switch $type {
         raster {
             DmRaster::query $sel
         }
         labels {
             DmLabels::query $sel
         }
         vector ..."
     (procedure "Dm::query" line 10)
     invoked from within
"Dm::query"
     ("uplevel" body line 1)
     invoked from within
"uplevel \#0 $cmd"
     (procedure "Button::_release" line 18)
     invoked from within
"Button::_release .mainframe.topf.tb0.bbox1.b4"
     (command bound to event)

C. Michael Barton, Professor
Department of Anthropology
PO Box 872402