[GRASS5] color in GRASS

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Tue Mar 23 16:28:23 EST 2004

Michael Barton wrote:

> Well, I THOUGHT this might be the magic solution.
>
> I had GRASS_TRUECOLOR=true in lowercase. With great excitement, I just
> tried it with GRASS_TRUECOLOR=TRUE (restarting GRASS, of course) and
> sadly had the same result.

1. Which versions of GRASS/PNGdriver/GD are you using? The PNG driver
in 5.0.x and 5.3 snapshots prior to 2003-10-31 only support 24-bit
images if built using GD 2.x. 5.3 from 2003-10-31 onwards doesn't use
GD, and always supports 24-bit images.

2. If you're using a suitable PNG driver, did you export the variable
setting?

For bash, you need to use either:

	GRASS_TRUECOLOR=TRUE
	export GRASS_TRUECOLOR
or:
	export GRASS_TRUECOLOR=TRUE

[The latter is a bash extension; the former should work with all
Bourne-style shells.]

For C shells (csh, tcsh), the syntax is:

	setenv GRASS_TRUECOLOR TRUE