[GRASS5] GRASS 5.3 real problem with s.in.ascii

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Mar 30 10:30:47 EST 2004

A week back, I reported that I couldn't import any ascii file with
string characters using s.in.ascii for GRASS 5.3 (it gave me a malloc
error).

I just had a report from a student using GRASS 5.3 under Cygwin
(Windows XP) that s.in.ascii doesn't work at all in this context. It
gives a 'segmentation fault. core dump' error.

s.in.ascii is the only way you can get multi attribute data into GRASS
5.3 for points unless you use PostgreSQL. Could someone please look
into this? Thanks much.

Michael Barton
Michael Barton, Professor & Curator
Department of Anthropology