[GRASS5] GRASS 5.3 release

Helena hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Thu May 6 01:17:06 EDT 2004

I have discussed with Paul the possibility to release GRASS5.3
this month (as the effort to release it somehow keeps dying).
To do that nothing new should be contributed to 5.3 by now,
except for bug fixes. All new development should go into 5.7.
To make this clear I would like to modify the web site as follows:

5.0.x:  Current Stable: 5.0.3 [info]
5.3.x:  Closed for development, getting ready for release: 5.3-cvs [info]
5.7.x:  Current development: 5.7-cvs [info]

Once the release is successful it should be changed to :
5.4.x:  Current Stable: 5.4.0 [info]  (is this right???)
5.7.x:  Current development: 5.7-cvs [info]

Please let me know if this is correct or
if you have a better suggestion, I will be happy to follow any advice
that can make the release happen in May smoothly.
Then all of us can focus on 5.7 following the suggestions
in the roadmap http://grass.itc.it/roadmap.html

thank you,

Helena