[GRASS5] [bug #2402] (grass) r.colors - new rules=name option not yet working

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Mon May 10 03:08:54 EDT 2004

Request Tracker wrote:

> this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2402
>
> Subject: r.colors - new rules=name option not yet working
>
> I tried the new rules=[filename] option. It generates ERROR: Unable to
> open rules file [filename].

Where [filename] is what? Does the file actually exist in the
$GISBASE/etc/colors directory?

> Then it stops all processing until a ctrl-C is pressed.

Actually, it pauses for 5 seconds after an error, then exits. Whether
it should pause is debatable.

> I tried a
> simple rules file:
>
> 1 blue
> 2 green
> end
>
> (I tried it with and without 'end' and got the same result)

Are you expecting rules= to read a rules file from the current
directory? Because that isn't what the rules= option is meant for. If
you want it to read your own rules file, use color=rules and shell
redirection e.g.:

	r.colors mapname color=rules < rulesfile

> Also, it won't even get this far from the autogenerated GUI because it
> conflicts with the type=[option] argument. There needs to be a 'none'
> selection for the type option in the GUI header.

It needs to be a separate menu entry; exactly the same issue also
applies to the rast= option.