[GRASS5] a set of wishes for GRASS 5.7

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon May 10 14:40:57 EDT 2004

Database user tools are only in OO 1.1.1. Currently, OO for Mac is at
1.0.3. It may be upgraded to 1.1.1 soon. MS Access is only available
for Windows.

I can read dbf files into Excel or even Filemaker. Or I could fire up
FoxPro in OS 9 (though Visual FoxPro for Mac is notoriously unstable).
However, it would be nice to have an editor available in GRASS
simultaneously while working with the vector features. Perhaps this is
simply not feasible even if someone was available to program one. And
certainly, by switching to a *.dbf format, it is now possible to use
other tools to get at attribute tables. Still one can wish...

Michael
Michael Barton, Professor & Curator
School of Human Origins, Cultures, & Societies
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice: 480-965-6262; fax: 480-965-7671