[GRASS5] 5.7: most r3.* modules included

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Tue May 11 12:15:26 EDT 2004

Markus Neteler wrote:

> A related question: A long-standing wish was to have access to 2D maps
> within r3.mapcalc (old version). Does the new implementation permit
> to access 2D and 3D raster at the same time?

I had thought about that. But there would need to be some way to
indicate whether a name referred to a 2d or a 3d raster.

Alternatively, a separate program to convert a 2d raster to a 3d one
should suffice. [Presumably it would only need to be one "depth" high;
G3d should resample it to the current region, right?]