[GRASS5] CVS downtime for file copy

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Nov 5 10:14:33 EST 2004

On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 02:45:57PM +0100, Radim Blazek wrote:
> Radim Blazek wrote:
> >Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> >>Afterwards the list of files can be used to use cvs admin command
> >>to set a state or so, if you want to mark it.
> >
> >It would be good to add a new log message for each file telling where it
> >comes from. I don't see however any cvs command which can add a log
> >message without changes in code. cvs admin can only change existing
> >message.
>
> cvs commit -f -m

I do not have much experience with that command.
What do you think about boosting the revision to 2.0?
Like with cvs commit -r2.0
That would also be an additional clear sign.

> should do that. Bernhard, could you add these messages immediately
> after you copy the files. Something like
> -m "copy from grass/xxx/yyy/zzz.c"

I will have to try, because the copying is in the repository
while the cvs command has to work on a working copy.
Right after copying I do not have a working copy.