[GRASS5] Mac OS X Patches and Additions

Jeshua Lacock jeshua at OpenOSX.com
Mon Nov 8 02:16:56 EST 2004

Greetings,

I have attached a (small) tar file with patches and applications for
GRASS 5.4.0 and 5.7.0 which on Mac OS X provide the following features:

* Enables compatibility with the Aqua version of TCL/TK
* Enables native Mac OS X preferred browser support for online help
* Support for special Mac OS X characters such as spaces with tcltkgrass
* Brings the TCL/TK GUI automatically to the front

These patches are designed to be applied to the source code. I will
provide patches with the 5.4.0 and 5.7.0 binaries that I am uploading
(I have uploaded the 5.4.0 binaries, and I am going to upload 5.7.0
when I get NVIZ working from the GUI).

The following scripts and programs included in the archive should be
installed to /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin:
• lsWrap: Wrapper for "ls"; support for Mac OS X special characters
• appToFront: application to bring an app to support (source code
available upon request)
• wishToFront: wrapper for "appToFront"; brings Wish application to the
foreground

If anyone has any questions, please let em know.