[GRASS5] v.in.dwg, Cannot open database

Kirk R. Wythers kwythers at UMN.EDU
Mon Nov 8 10:00:40 EST 2004

On Nov 5, 2004, at 6:36 PM, Hamish wrote:

>>> Does 'db.connect -p' work?
>>
>> Gives:
>>
>> GRASS 5.7.cvs:~ > db.connect -p
>> driver:(null)
>> database:(null)
>
> Ok, you need to tell it what kind of database you want the attribute
> data to be stored in, e.g.:
>
> db.connect driver=dbf database='$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/dbf/'

If I issue the db.connect command to the location and mapset that I'm
trying to read the dxf file into, it correctly shows that there is
nothing as of yet in the directory dbf:

GRASS 5.7.cvs:~ > db.connect driver=dbf
database=~/grassdata/cecr_utm/ccgis/dbf/
driver:dbf
database:/Users/kirkw/grassdata/cecr_utm/ccgis/dbf/

  However, double checking with the spearfish dataset, it correctly
shows the soils database.

GRASS 5.7.cvs:~ > db.connect driver=dbf
database=~/grassdata/spearfish57/PERMANENT/dbf/soils.dbf
driver:dbf

So it looks like db.connect works

Kirk R. Wythers
Dept. of Forest Resources