[GRASS5] nviz problems

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Nov 8 11:56:51 EST 2004

On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 09:55:00PM -0500, Helena wrote:
> It would certainly be much less confusing for the users to have
> a single WIND file both for 2D and 3D. I am all for it unless
> it requires a lot of changes that nobody has time to do.

IMHO it's the only way to avoid that we upset all GRASS users
(including ourselves). To change many, many locations I am not
really interested in. Let's try the suggested approach which
should be backward compatible to older locations.

> This would be a significnat change - what do others think about it?

I feel from a user's point of view that it is less significant than
having to change all my locations.

> Are there any significant problems that this would cause that we haven't
> thought about?

Worth a try - we are in CVS HEAD, so we can try that. And it should
be done before releasing 6.0.

Markus