[GRASS5] Re: Messages and GUI

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Nov 12 13:15:58 EST 2004

This is very nice and will make GRASS behavior more intelligible to users.
I'm not sure exactly what your question is. Perhaps Glynn or Hamish
understands better. I take it that for this to work well, G_percent must be
called by the C module?

Michael

On 11/12/04 9:22 AM, "Radim Blazek" <blazek at itc.it> wrote:

> I have added G_messages and modified a bit G_percent, G_warning
> and G_fatal_error. If GRASS_MESSAGE_FORMAT enviroment (not GRASS) variable
> is set to 'gui', those functions print messages in format
> suitable for parsing by GUI. gui.tcl was also modified and
> displays progress bar if G_percent is used and adds icons to output box.
> http://mpa.itc.it/radim/g51/messages1.png
>
> Subject for discussion.
>
> Question: G_warning/G_messages/G_fatal_error can print more lines,
> how to tell to GUI that it is one message?
>
> Radim

School of Human, Evolution and Social Change
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice: 480-965-6262; fax: 480-965-7671