[GRASS5] gdal-config --dep-libs

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Nov 12 13:43:58 EST 2004

Radim Blazek wrote:

> Should be `gdal-config --dep-libs` also added to GDAL_LIBS?

Yes; although we need to check when that switch was added (it hasn't
always been there), and possibly update REQUIREMENTS.html accordingly.

> How is it possible that GRASS compiles without GDAL dep-libs?

If GDAL is a shared library, it normally includes dependency
information, so linking against libgdal automatically pulls in the
dependencies.

If it's a static library, it won't work (this has been reported
previously on one of the GRASS lists; this may be the reason why that
switch was added).