[GRASS5] Messages and GUI

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Nov 15 09:07:48 EST 2004

On 11/14/04 9:37 PM, "Hamish" <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> variable>>>is set to 'gui', those functions print messages in format
>>> output box.>>>http://mpa.itc.it/radim/g51/messages1.png
>

> Should d.m set GRASS_MESSAGE_FORMAT=gui? and if so, should it pop up a
> window or draw on the main screen?

I would vote for setting GRASS_MESSAGE_FORMAT=gui. If someone is using d.m,
they want a GUI and graphic display or at least don't mind it enough to turn
it off.

For where it shows up, I'd vote for in the message window of the module that
is running (I realize that was not one of the choices, but is the most
logical). 2nd choice would be in a popup. The main GRASS term is overly busy
as it is.

Michael

> right now it dumps to the term that started d.m:
>
> [...]
> GRASS_INFO_PERCENT: 78
> GRASS_INFO_PERCENT: 81
> GRASS_INFO_PERCENT: 84