[GRASS5] v.in.db segfault

Joel Peter William Pitt pittj2 at lincoln.ac.nz
Tue Nov 16 23:22:15 EST 2004

Hi all,

I'm trying to import a large table of points using v.in.db:

v.in.db driver=dbf database='$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/dbf/'
table=test x='GPSEast' y='GPSNorth' key=ID output=from_mdb

This results in a segfault, after the SQL parser reports an error
in one of the commands it recieves. I've attached the output
with DEBUG set to lvl 3.

The table originally comes from an Access database which I have
converted to a dbf file.

Since it is trying to copy a table with > 200 columns I was wondering
if I'm going over some limit inherent in the dbf system or maybe
passing the maximum length for SQL commands ? (the command is
~3000 chars).

I can split the table up if necessary, but I thought I'd check that this
isn't a bug (using CVS version checked out from this morning).

Cheers,
Joel