[GRASS5] translation of 5.7 man pages

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Nov 16 11:37:21 EST 2004

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 10:29:01AM +0100, Moritz Lennert wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> As a result of the survey we have many declarations of interest for
> collaborating in the GRASS effort.
>
> Many want to help with translation. In this context, there is already the
> GRASS messages translation project
> (http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/i18n.html) however this only covers
> messages, not man pages. Since man pages are now created automatically
> from the source code and the description.html file, would it be possible
> to create a similar system for man pages ?

Generally yes. We could (for now) simply put
 description_<lang>.html
in parallel to the existing description.html files.

Maybe a few modifications are needed to the 'fakestart' trick to
generate the HTML headers translated. In this case the Makefile
would have to re-run the HTML file creation for each supported
language.
Not sure, maybe there are better solutions.

Markus