[GRASS5] d.m - d.what.vect

Radim Blazek blazek at itc.it
Wed Nov 24 05:02:53 EST 2004

Moritz Lennert wrote:
> On Tue, November 23, 2004 15:47, Radim Blazek said:
>
>>Why d.what.vect is run with -x flag in d.m?
>>
>>http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/grass51/display/d.m/vector.tcl.diff?r1=1.27&r2=1.28
>>

> Because some of us have problems with d.what.vect and the form library making
> it unusable in GUI mode (unless you add a sleep(1) in main.c:
>
> http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass5/2004-September/015393.html
> and
> http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass5/2004-October/015746.html
>
> Moritz

There is "Print query output as text in terminal" check box in
vector options. The problem is, that '-x' is now hardcoded
in d.m, I think that we should return to original

   set cmd "d.what.vect map=$opt($id,map)"
   if { $opt($id,_query_text) } {
     append cmd " -t"
   }

and we can discuss if the check box should be default on or off.
I believe that people using d.m usually also wants to use GUI
for d.what.vect, so I think, that the default value for that checkbox
should be off if it works for more users than it doesn't.

How many users do have the problem with form?

Radim