[GRASS5] no links to GRASS 5.4 binaries

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Nov 25 10:09:13 EST 2004

On Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 03:49:54PM +0100, Florian Goessmann wrote:
> i have re-compiled it with all your suggested changes. configure now
> looks like this:
>
> GRASS is now configured for i686-pc-linux-gnu
>
>   Build Mechanism:           Alternate
>   Source directory:          /home/florian/Documents/SRCes/grass-5.4.0
>   Build directory:
> /home/florian/Documents/SRCes/grass-5.4.0/build
>   Installation directory:    /usr/local/grass54
>   C compiler:                gcc -g -O3
>   C++ compiler:              c++ -g -O2
>   FORTRAN compiler:          g77
>
>   NVIZ:                       yes
>
>   X11 support:                yes
>   JPEG support:               yes
>   TIFF support:               yes
>   PNG support:                yes
>   Tcl/Tk support:             yes
>   PostgreSQL support:         yes
>   OpenGL(R) support:          yes
>   SGI IRIS GL support:        no
>   ODBC support:               yes
>   FFTW support:               yes
>   BLAS support:               no
>   LAPACK support:             no
>   Motif support:              yes
>   FreeType support:           yes
>   GLw support:                yes
>   NLS support:                no
>   Readline support:           yes
>   C++ support:                yes
>   External PROJ.4 support:    yes
>   GDAL/OGR support:           yes
>

> you can download it here:
> http://www.geographen.org/files/grass5.4.0_i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.gz
>
> in that archive you find the binary archive and the installer script.

Great - nearly realtime.
I have downloaded the package but found it rather large as
it was compiled with -g (debugging) and without -s (stripping).

To be discussed: Should this package come with debugging symbols?
Otherwise

CFLAGS="-O3" LDFLAGS="-s" ./configure ...

will help to make it smaller.

Markus