[GRASS5] png import with r.in.png and r.in.gdal question

Stefan Paulick stefan.paulick at urbeli.com
Fri Nov 26 22:49:51 EST 2004

When importing the attached png image with 57 r.in.gdal to a xy location, I
receive the following messages

r.in.gdal input=/home/grassdata/scan_small.png output=scan_small57gdal
Projection of input dataset and current location appear to match.
Proceeding with import...
CREATING SUPPORT FILES FOR scan_small57gdal
SETTING GREY COLOR TABLE FOR scan_small57gdal (8bit, full range)

Looks like there is no obvious error, but the map is empty.

When using 55 r.in.png input=scan_small.png output=scan_small55png it is ok.

The png image was scanned using xsane and gimp 2.0 with default settings.

Do I miss some import flags or does r.in.gdal expect specific settings when
creating the png image?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kindest regards

Stefan Paulick

http://www.urbeli.com
mailto://stefan.paulick@urbeli.com