[GRASS5] 5.7: new 'fakestart' concept with demolocation

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Nov 29 10:49:31 EST 2004

On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 02:04:18PM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 26, 2004 at 10:03:05PM +0000, Glynn Clements wrote:
> >
> > Markus Neteler wrote:
> >
> > > upon an idea of Radim I have added a small (68k) demolocation
> > > into the 5.7 source code directory.
> > > The 'fakestart' session is now using this demolocation to
> > > generate the HTML documentation (MAN docs derived from that).
> >
> > AFAICT, this won't work if the user building GRASS doesn't own the
> > source tree, due to G__mapset_permissions().

Thinking again:

Note that the demolocation is first installed into dist.$ARCH,
then this one is used (not the one of the source code).
So: in case dist.$ARCH is not writable, the compilation won't
work at all.

grep GISRC ~/grass57/include/Make/Rules.make
        GISRC=$(GISBASE)/demolocation/.grassrc${GRASS_VERSION_MAJOR}${GRASS_VERSION_MINOR} \

I feel that the above mentioned potential problem with
G__mapset_permissions() doesn't exist (maybe I am wrong).

Markus