[GRASS5] [bug #2738] (grass) make error in 57.cvs (cvs update on 11.29.2004)

William K woklist at charter.net
Mon Nov 29 11:48:37 EST 2004

Markus-

I figured this one out and responded to another thread that mentioned
this problem.  It seems that the Makefile says on line 324:

	@ cp -rpf demolocation/ ${ARCH_DISTDIR}/

which (on Mac OS X at least) tries to copy just the contents of
demolocation to ARCH_DISTDIR instead of demolocation and its contents
(so I end up with ARCH_DISTDIR/PERMANENT/ instead of
ARCH_DISTDIR/demolocation/PERMANENT/).  Then the .grassrc57 setup
fails.  Remove the trailing slash from demolocation and it works:

	@ cp -rpf demolocation ${ARCH_DISTDIR}/

PS. since Radim changed .grassrc57 to .grassrc6, shouldn't it be
changed here too (at least for consistency)?