[GRASS5] floating AI ASCII GRID import

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Nov 29 11:56:20 EST 2004

I haven¹t had a chance to test this to see if r.in.gdal is the same as
r.in.arc. If it is, I agree completely that we need eliminate redundancy
where possible. Perhaps Maciek can test it as he seems to have a set of AI
ASCII grid files he is working with now. Let me know if it is redundant and
I¹ll take it off the input menu.

It would be nice on both GDAL and OGR to hit a button and get a list of
readable formats. Since GDAL at least generates such a list, this should be
doable.

Cheers
Michael

On 11/29/04 2:18 AM, "Markus Neteler" <neteler at itc.it> wrote:

>> > I need to know that it has been added to the available modules in order to
>> > add it to the menus. Thanks for letting me know. I'll add it to the CVS
>> > version soon.
>
> I wasn't aware that it is present in 5.7.
>
> Still I vote for removal of 'r.in.arc' as 'r.in.gdal' should do the same
> (right?).
> Replicated functionality should be minimized IMHO.
>
> Markus

School of Human, Evolution and Social Change
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice: 480-965-6262; fax: 480-965-7671