[GRASSLIST:5000] Re: [GRASS5] v.patch in 5.7 problems

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at pf.pl
Tue Nov 30 04:32:02 EST 2004

> >> It is wish report.
> >

> > Thanks for the reply.
> >
> > After re-thinking my problem I'd say that it should rather be a regular
> > bug - in my opinion in one vector file there may not be two diffrent
> > features having the same "field:" and "category:" which happens when
> > using v.patch. Am I wrong?
>
> Both can be useful, preserve cats or assign new unique cats.
> Ideally v.patch should support both. A Bug is if it does not do what it
> should - what is written in man. A wish is if a feature is missing.

According to what you say I still claim that the issue that v.patch doesn't assign unique cats to each single element of a resulting vector file is a bug, since such a feature *is present* in v.patch in Grass 5.0/5.5.  Not porting this feature to v.patch in 5.7 is an errorous disabling one of it's features.

Maciek