[GRASS5] 5.7.1

Radim Blazek blazek at itc.it
Tue Nov 30 10:31:25 EST 2004

Helena wrote:
> The rst programs need to be tested - there was a problem with reading
> the vector
> points taking extremely long (I believe this was fixed) but there may be
> other things,
> I will try to get to it this week. I haven't used it yet.

v.surf.rst for example, was added 2 years ago. If it was not tested
in 2 years, people are interested enough. If it is slow, it will
be slow in 6.0.0, anybody can fix it for 6.1 as anybody could
fix it in last 2 years.

Idea of 6.0.0 is to give people what is available now.
5.7 has many new features but people don't use that, because
it is marked as development version.

What people contribute will be in GRASS. It does not make sense to wait
for features which nobody ever writes.

Radim