[GRASS5] Let's release 5.4 asap

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Oct 1 09:25:01 EDT 2004

On Fri, Oct 01, 2004 at 01:57:11PM +0200, Radim Blazek wrote:
> On Friday 01 October 2004 13:34, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 01, 2004 at 09:56:23AM +0100, Paul Kelly wrote:
> > > It would be good to do this by moving things around directly in
> > > the CVS repository so history is preserved, but I don't know how feasible
> > > that is.
> >
> > I can move files or directories around in CVS in principle.
> > Just need a good list.
> > (probably the right mv commands might be most instructive ;) )
> > and then I need to schedule shutting down CVS
> > and doing the change.
> > (Depending on my time this might a few days, so giving me an ahead
> > notice is appreceated.)

> The list is here:
>   http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/grass51/tools/link.conf?rev=1.72&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
> excluding *akefiles and subdirs,
>   (see http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/grass51/tools/link?rev=1.8&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup )
> it can still copy unused files, which is not harm, I think.
>
> Should be 'cp', not 'mv', I believe.

Yes!

I would appreciate if someone would make a fixed list of "cp"
command lines that I only need to source with the ",v" extension,
because that seems more transparent as a script.
Especially must there be checking if there is a corresponding file already?

Do you want me to
	mv grass51 grass57
,too?

> Initial comment (probably a new comment appended at the end),
> should tell in unique form, where it was taken from (grass5 tree).

During a copy operation in the repository someone cannot put in CVS comments,
they would be exactly the same as in the original file.
Probably with cvs admin you can change something.
Maybe basiing revision numbers starting with "2.x" ?

When do you want this to happen?
Next week?
After 5.4 release?
	Bernhard