[GRASS5] fixes for recent problems in tcltkgrass for GRASS 5.3

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Oct 4 15:06:27 EDT 2004

Due to changes in the GRASS input parsing system, a few tcltkgrass commands
no longer worked correctly. I *think* (and hope) that I found all the few
instances and have fixed them. I just committed these fixes to the CVS.

Besides s.to.vect (reported earlier), these are d.measure, r.colors.rules,
and v.support_option_build/v.support_option_edit.

For d.measure, the -s flag is now a user option (thought this should be the
default method of operation).

for r.colors, it now runs in an xterm and the colors=rules option is
available from the r.colors module (i.e., no separate r.colors for color
table rules).

For v.support, both the build and edit options are now user options.
Separate menu entries for rebuilding topology and editing vector categories
have been combined into a single entry.

Please let me know if anyone runs into a module I've missed.

This is an additional reason to separate the 5.3 build from 5.7. Because
both 5.3 and 5.7 share the same code for input parsing fix to make this work
much better under 5.7 broke input parsing for a few cases in 5.3 where it
had worked fine before.

Cheers,
Michael Barton
School of Human Diversity and Social Change
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice: 480-965-6262; fax: 480-965-7671