[GRASS5] GIS Manager

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 15 02:57:58 EDT 2004

> In our boxes (debian testing + grass57 from itc binaries) zoom and pan
> from GIS manager GUI did not work.
> I edited /etc/ld.so.conf as suggested by
>   <http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass5/2004-September/015412.html>
> and now it works.
> Perhaps this should made clear for new users (in the install page?)
> until it  is solved (hopefully soon).

the ITC binaries are not built on debian and so the libraries it assumes
will be somewhere might not be there. You can start symlinking to make
your system look like a Redhat/Mandrake installation, but in the end it
is better to just use binaries built for a Debian system. e.g.:

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-grass-general/2004-October/000032.html

[these are for 5.7.0, now four months old, not the latest cvs snapshots]

Hopefully a point version of 5.7.x will be in Debian in the next months.

Hamish