[GRASS5] 5.4.0 Release Candidate ready

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Oct 19 04:42:24 EDT 2004

Paul,

On Mon, October 18, 2004 17:51, Paul Kelly said:
> Hello everyone
> Source code for the release candidate for GRASS 5.4.0 is now available for
> testing at
> ftp://ftp.qub.ac.uk/pub/users/paulk/grass/grass-5.4.0pre1.tar.bz2
> Please try it with your usual compile options etc. and check that
> everything is working. Report problems to the mailing list.

I compiled on Debian testing/unstable with

configure --with-gdal --with-freetype --with-readline
--with-tcltk-includes=/usr/include/tcl8.3/
--with-postgres-includes="/usr/include/postgresql/
/usr/include/postgresql/internal/"
--with-freetype-includes=/usr/include/freetype2/ --with-motif

and everything went perfectly well.

First superficial testing of display shows no problems.

Only remark: the new build mechanism, i.e. the two separate directories
for source and build, should be described in the "INSTALL" file.

Moritz