[GRASS5] dbmi driver

Huidae Cho grass4u at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 05:21:29 EDT 2004

Hi developers,

I just installed grass 5.7 on cygwin and found dbmi drivers don't work
because db_driver_* functions were defined both in
libgrass_dbstubs.dll and each driver.

For example,
db_driver_open_database in libgrass_dbstubs.dll:  memory address: 0x5131f0
db_driver_open_database in dbf.exe:  memory address: 0x401310

when a user calls the dbf driver, what the driver is supposed to do is
calling 0x401310. However, it calls 0x5131f0 because both the driver
and libgrass_dbmidriver.dll are compiled with libgrass_dbstubs.dll.

dbf driver (dbf.exe) -> db_driver (libgrass_dbmidriver.dll) ->
db_driver_open_database (libgrass_dbmidriver.dll ->
libgrass_dbstubs.dll, not -> dbf.exe)

I'm not sure if i explained correctly, but is this a problem only in cygwin?

Any comment would be helpful.

Thanks,
Huidae Cho