[GRASS5] which dwg librarys?

Kirk R. Wythers kwythers at umn.edu
Fri Oct 29 11:34:02 EDT 2004

There are now a couple of options on opendwg's website. In order to
configure --with-opendwg on 57, which libraries should I use, DWGdirect
or openDWG toolkit?

DWGdirect™

DWGdirect™ Version 1.12.01.00, posted 10/12/2004
  DWGdirect is the successor to our 2.X Toolkit & Viewkit libraries.
Rewritten from the ground up using C++, DWGdirect offers better
stability, more features, and simpler client integration than our 2.X
Toolkit & Viewkit libraries. The current version of DWGdirect supports
a wide range of database operations, contains full support for version
2005 DWG/DXF files, and contains vectorization support.

DWGdirect is available for the following platforms:

Windows (32-bit)
SGI
Solaris

Windows (64-bit)
Macintosh
HP

Windows CE
Linux X86
IBM AIX

ADTdirect™ Beta
  ADTdirect is a new module that integrates into DWGdirect to provide
support for Architectural Desktop custom objects. The beta version is
available for Visual C 6.0. (Important note: Commercial use of
ADTdirect may, in the future, require payment of a separate annual fee,
in addition to your current membership fee.)

  Windows (32-bit)

  DWGdirectX™ Version 1.12.01, posted 10/14/2004
  DWGdirectX is an ActiveX control driven by DWGdirect. The download
package includes samples for using DWGdirectX in both Visual Basic and
Delphi.

  Follow the link below to download:

DWGdirectX

  OpenDWG Toolkit/Viewkit libraries

Our OpenDWG™ Toolkit and Viewkit libraries are still available, and
still get bug-fixes. But we are no longer providing substantial updates
to them, and we do not recommend you use them in new projects. Click
here to go to the page with information on these libraries.

Kirk R. Wythers
Dept. of Forest Resources
University of Minnesota
email: kwythers at umn.edu