[GRASS5] r.in.png error?

David Piasecki piasecda at nv.doe.gov
Wed Sep 1 15:47:47 EDT 2004

I used the PNG driver in GRASS to create a PNG image from my data. I
verified that the PNG image exists, and I can view it with any app
capable of reading the PNG format. I have not modified the region, and
I have verified that it is the same as when I originally created the
PNG file. However, when I attempt to import the PNG file using
r.in.png, I get the following error...

640 x 480 image, 8 bits palette+transparency // this is just extra
since I had the verbose option on
WARNING: G_set_window(): Illegal latitude for North
ERROR: Unable to set window

Is there a way around this error?

Thanks,
David