[GRASS5] New info on openDWG

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Sep 2 00:41:01 EDT 2004

Bernard,

Thanks for the insightful comments and the kind words. I will try to talk
with the Open Design Alliance folks in the next week or two when I have a
bit of time during normal hours.

Beyond Michael Tiemann's helpful suggestion about looking at the Cygwin and
MySQL models, do you have any recommendations I could pass on to them as to
how they might change their license to be more Free Software friendly, while
still keeping the option (which I assume they want) to charge a fee to
people who want to sell commercial software using their libraries?
(Apparently the latter include ESRI and some fairly big CAD firms, though
not AutoDesk)

Michael

--
Michael Barton, Professor
School of Human Origins, Cultures, & Society

Web - http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton