[GRASS5] adding metadata in GRASS 5.7

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Thu Sep 2 04:34:28 EDT 2004

Dear list,

I would like to add metadata to maps in GRASS 5.7 but I can't find any modules to edit related history files in the directory /hist.

For raster data in GRASS 5.0 and 5.3 r.support allows to add additional comments, but this module doesn't exist in GRASS 5.7 anymore.

For vector data, the old v.digit allows to add comments but the new digitizing tool does not.

Does there already exist a module to add metadata, is this simply missing yet or will metadata be handled totally different in GRASS 5.7?

  thanks a lot
   Otto