[GRASS5] GIS Manager for 5.7 - need help with makefile before commit

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Mon Sep 13 18:44:39 EDT 2004

Michael Barton wrote:

> I am ready to commit the new GIS manager for GRASS 5.7 (merged display
> manager and tcltkgrass menus). I modified the makefile to include a new file
> menu.tcl. However, I¹m not sure how to do the makefile to make sure that an
> included subdirectory for scripts gets built and populated as
> $GISBASE/etc/dm/script. This subdirectory has some scripts that are needed
> with the menu but not otherwise. For example, it contains r.colors.rules
> that lets the user enter color table  rules in an xterm via the gui.

If you can determine a pattern (or list of patterns) which will match
all of the files to be copied, but not anything else (e.g. the CVS
subdirectory), the simplest solution is e.g.:

	$(MKDIR) $(GISBASE)/etc/dm/script
	$(INSTALL) -m 644 script/*.* $(GISBASE)/etc/dm/script

[This assumes that all scripts contain at least one dot.]