[GRASS5] Michigan Georef parameters?

jaggett jaggett at vt.edu
Tue Sep 14 16:03:05 EDT 2004

Hi There,

I'm trying to set up a Georef coordinate location for Michigan (Oblique
Mercator Projection), and could use some help. I am not sure what GRASS is
wanting when it requests certain parameter values (seems like a "Two Point
Method" for parameter specification). Amongst others, GRASS asks for the
following parameters:

Enter Central Parallel [lat_0] (0) :

Enter First Standard Parallel [lat_1] (45S) :

Enter Second Standard Parallel [lat_2] (45N) :

Enter Central Meridian [lon_0] (20E) :

Enter First Standard Meridian [lon_1] (40W) :

Enter Second Standard Meridian [lon_2] (40E) :

I believe the Central Parallel (lat_0) and the Central Meridian (lon_0) have
the following values, respectively: 45.30917 deg N & 86 deg W.
However, I do not have answers for the following: lat_1, lat_2, lon_1 and
lon_2. Does anyone know the values for these parameters?

My other question is: Is there any way of using a "Central Point and Azimuth
Method" for specifying the projection parameters for an Oblique Mercator
projection in GRASS?

I would really appreciate some assistance. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Jonathan Aggett