[GRASS5] 5.7 - GIS manager - zoom and pan - change term to execute in d.m.tcl

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Sep 22 17:41:34 EDT 2004

Moritz,

I happened to run into the behavior of the xterm opening and closing
immediately last night. It happened when I had a raster layer added in the
GIS Manager, but had forgotten to enter the name of an existing raster file
in the name box. I don't know something along this line is causing your
problem or whether it is another issue related to your build or OS. The
reason for using the term procedure is to open a separate xterm in which to
better see the mouse commands and command output.

The procedure simply calls

exec xterm -e [COMMAND NAME] [COMMAND ARGUMENTS] &

Try to use this format instead of the run procedure and see what happens. It
may also be an issue that none of the commands that you mention actually
have arguments except for pan (d.zoom -p).

Michael

On 9/22/04 1:24 PM, "Moritz Lennert" <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:

> On Wed, September 22, 2004 14:55, Moritz Lennert said:
>> Hello,
>>
>> In order to make zoom and pan work for me from the GIS manager, I had to
>> change lines 419 and 427 of d.m.tcl to use the "execute" function instead
>> of the "term" function. With the latter, I just get an additional xterm
>> that flashes up very briefly and then closes without anything happening.
>>
>> This is with yesterday's CVS version of 5.7 and 5.3 on Debian
>> testing/unstable.
>>

> Replying to myself: the same is true for the query functions, d.what.vect
> and d.what.rast for which I had to change the call from
>
> "term" to "run" respectively in vector.tcl and raster.tcl.
>
> Moritz

Michael Barton, Professor & Curator
School of Human Diversity and Social Change
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice: 480-965-6262; fax: 480-965-7671