[GRASS5] [bug #3168] (grass) r.to.vect - broken pipe

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Wed Apr 20 04:05:53 EDT 2005

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3168

Subject: r.to.vect - broken pipe

Platform: GNU/Linux/i386
grass obtained from: Trento Italy site
grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
GRASS Version: grass61_13_04_05_1052

Hi

When I was converting a raster consisted of two patched SRTM 3" lat-long tiles into vector points, a "Broken pipe" occured and the resulting vector layer has no topology.

With single SRTM 3" all is ok. Are two such rasters to big to be handled correctly indeed?

GRASS 6.1.cvs (wgs84):~ > r.to.vect input=srtm_odra_patched output=srtm_odra_patched_pkt feature=point
 100%
Building topology ...
2881223 primitives registered
Building areas:  100%
0 areas built
0 isles built
Attaching islands:
Attaching centroids:  100%
Topology was built.
Number of nodes     :   2881223
Number of primitives:   2881223
Number of points    :   2881223
Number of lines     :   0
Number of boundaries:   0
Number of centroids :   0
Number of areas     :   0
Number of isles     :   0
Broken pipe

GRASS 6.1.cvs (wgs84):~ > v.info srtm_odra_patched_pkt
ERROR: Cannot open old vector srtm_odra_patched_pkt at srtm_odra on level 2

the input raster:
GRASS 6.1.cvs (wgs84):~ > r.info srtm_odra_patched
 | Layer:    srtm_odra_patched              Date: Tue Apr 19 16:51:00 2005    |
 | Mapset:   srtm_odra                      Login of Creator: trawiarz        |
 | Location: wgs84                                                            |
 | DataBase: /home/grassdata                                                  |
 | Title:     ( srtm_odra_patched )                                           |
 |   Type of Map:  raster              Number of Categories: 494              |
 |   Data Type:    CELL                                                       |
 |   Rows:         1201                                                       |
 |   Columns:      2401                                                       |
 |   Total Cells:  2883601                                                    |
 |        Projection: Latitude-Longitude (zone 0)                             |
 |            N: 52:00:01.5N    S: 50:59:58.5N   Res: 0:00:03                 |
 |            E: 17:00:01.5E    W: 14:59:58.5E   Res: 0:00:03                 |
 |   Range of data:    min =  37 max = 494                                    |
 |   Data Source:                                                             |
 |   Data Description:                                                        |
 |    generated by r.patch                                                    |