[GRASS5] Re: [GRASSLIST:6645] is search working?

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Apr 28 12:04:46 EDT 2005

On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 10:43:27AM -0500, Kirk R. Wythers wrote:
> On Apr 28, 2005, at 10:27 AM, Markus Neteler wrote:

> >>Thanks Markus. I was going in through the community link, to mailing
> >>lists, then getting directed to:
> >>
> >>http://grass.institutoecos.org.br/cgi-bin/htsearch
> >>
> >>They seem to have some kind of server issue. I emailed the
> >>administrator about it.
> >
> >Well, the idea of the implementation is that
> >requests are redirected to grass.itc.it (as htdig lives there).
> >
> >I see the problem now when entering
> > http://grass.institutoecos.org.br/cgi-bin/htsearch
> >but how did you get there?
>
> I pull up the GRASS site at:
> http://grass.itc.it/
>
> then click the link to Community, which directs my browser to:
> http://grass.itc.it/community/index.php
>
> from there I go to Mailing lists, which takes me to:
> http://grass.itc.it/community/support.php

So far fine.

> From there, I clicked on the links 'GRASS user list archive (June
> 1996-today) under Archives, which directs to:
> http://grass.institutoecos.org.br/grass-list/
>
> or
>
> Archives mirror, which directs to
> http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.user
>
> neither of which appear to be in working order.

Now I understand.

Suggestions
- "Full GRASS user list archive (1991-today)"
    http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grassuser/
  is the *full* archive (the only one [1])
- above the table there is "Search these mailing lists"
  http://grass.itc.it/searchgrass.php

Ok, I have restructured the table:
 http://grass.itc.it/community/support.php

Please try again... (the grass.institutoecos.org.br I cannot solve,
but you can use our search engine).

Cheers

 Markus

[1] Time ago I have added all mails from the original CERL
    mailing lists and usenet period to our archive (except for spam)
    You may want to enjoy
    http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grassuser/1991-December/013369.html

    The first user mail came from Italy then (hey!).