[GRASS5] Line width in GIS Manager

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Aug 11 01:28:12 EDT 2005

I updated the vector panel of the GIS Manager to incorporate the new line
width command. I also did some additional cleanup and rearranging to make
the panel easier to use (I hope).

I sent it to Markus today to add to the CVS because, for some reason, I've
lost access to the CVS. It's around 4:30 am in Italy I think, so it won't
show up in the CVS for several hours yet. So I am attaching a copy here.
Could some of you test it out?

The vector panel file is called vector.tcl. In the CVS, it is found in
/display/d.m/. In a compiled version of GRASS, it goes in /etc/dm/

To test, you can add it to a previously compiled version (replacing the
current one, which you wisely saved under a different name) and restart the
GIS Manager with d.m &

At some point in the future, it might be nice to add line width to the
thematic mapper (i.e., alter line width in proportion to a numeric
attribute).

Thanks again to Huidae Cho for adding this feature.
Michael