[GRASS5] counting number of vector points in same position?

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Aug 11 09:56:48 EDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 09:42:56PM -0700, Michael Barton wrote:
> If v.neighbors had other statistical functions besides count (e.g., sum,
> mean, max, min), you could sum cases for all points within a raster cell.
> Then you could transform it back to vector.

Thanks, Michael,

in my case I cannot limit to underlying raster cells.

Inspired by s.cellstats [1] I tried to update it to v.cellstats which is
doing what you mention above (but writing vector).

Do we want v.cellstats? This needs help of someone more
familiar with DBMI programming than me.

Markus

[1] http://grass.itc.it/gdp/html_grass5/html/s.cellstats.html