[GRASS5] monitor resize

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Aug 23 17:47:15 EDT 2005

Huidae Cho wrote:

> I have a question. I remember I was able to resize the XDRIVER monitor
> by dragging the edge of the window with mouse.  But now I cannot, maybe
> from 6.0 (?).  Is this intended (then why?) or a window manager problem?
> I know there is d.resize, but it's sometimes inconvenient.

You cannot resize the window while a client is connected. The
dimensions which the driver reports to the client must remain correct
for the lifetime of the client.

However, there have been reported problems with some window managers
refusing to allow resizing even when no client is connected. The most
likely reason is that they are recording the min/max size which are
set while a client is connected then continuing to enforce the
restrictions after they are removed.

One thing to try is to change:

	szhints->flags = PSize;
to:
	szhints->flags = 0;

on line 24 of display/drivers/XDRIVER/XDRIVER24/Client.c, and/or
changing:

    szhints->flags = USSize;
to:
    szhints->flags = 0;

on line 205 of display/drivers/XDRIVER/XDRIVER24/Graph_Set.c.

Let me know how this works out; the existing code works OK with all of
the window managers which I have tried.