[GRASS5] mapset invalid after copy

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Aug 31 15:46:57 EDT 2005

Paulick Consult wrote:

> I had to exchange a harddisk, so I moved the GRASS-locations from a reiserfs
> to a fat32 drive. When restoring the system, I receive "Warning: this is not
> a valid mapset" without any further hint.
>
> GRASS was build out of cvs and the permissions on files and directories are
> set identical. Any idea what I may have messed up?

Copying to a FAT filesystem and back won't retain ownership or
permissions, and may result in the case of filenames being changed.

I don't know where that error originates, but from its wording I
suspect that the most likely cause is that one or more files or
directories have had their case changed.